Hello folks. We all three (me, Trev and Andrea) hope you all had lovely Christmases and are about to have lovely New Years. Happy New Year, and a big thank you to all who listen and leave comments either here or on Twitter or Facebook or Talkbolox. We truly appreciate it and we have great fun doing the bloody things.
Here’s number 11. It’s not too long you’ll be glad to know. It may be a bit rough and ready (how would we know?). We raced to a pub in Hammersmith (the Queen’s Head, pub boffins), sat at the back, drank, ate, talked. That’s how it goes. Andrea, our producer, apologises; the sound isn’t up to scratch, some microphone malfunction, but let’s not worry about that. Let’s just laugh in the face of the New Year and raise our glasses to one another.
Just click on the link above to listen to it. Or to download the podcast: On a PC, right-click on the link, then select ‘Save Link As’ and download it to the selected location on your computer. On a Mac, hold down Ctrl and click the link, then select ‘Save Link As’ and download it to the selected location
And here’s what’s on it:
- Welcome to the end-of-year special!
- Simon’s New Year Resolutions
- Seafarer’s Ale
- Trev’s new hat
- Trev and Simon’s New Year Resolutions
- Trev and Simon open their Christmas presents (and card)
- Our albums of the year
- Trev’s political highlight of the year
- More questions from listeners
- Hugh Something
- How kids were treated on Saturday morning TV
- A quick break for lunch
- Simon’s loaded. Again
- The Year Of The Podcast! And next year’s plans
- Annoying each other
- Simon’s new books
- Past resolutions for the future
- 2010 film writing/starring
- (A group of people arrive and are a bit noisy)
- What comes after the Noughties?
- Simon’s date in a crate at the Tate
- Simon sings
- Ed ‘Stewpot’ Stewart
- Simon’s off to America
- Trev’s off to Twitter
- Final sound effects
And here, to end on, is a picture of Trev’s box.