That podcast cake in full

podcast-cake

To celebrate our first podcast we had a cake. It was 65p (I think) and very near its sell by date. I cut it as I saw it, and to me this was perfectly acceptable. But maybe, to others, my cake disecting was seen as a little unconventional. I can feel a poll coming on.

12 Responses to That podcast cake in full

1. Trevor Neal says:

Can I also recommend the creamy coconut cake by the same manufacturer for the same price. Delicious which ever way you cut it.

2. Trevor Neal says:

Alternatively you may prefer to rent a fake cake from here…
    Ridiculous!

3. Elaine says:

Ah great!!! Now I want cake!!! lol. Perhaps another poll could be ‘Can you use too many exclaimation marks?’

4. Jason says:

Mahatma Nappy has to be one of the best sign offs in podcast history. Just off to buy a football pink.

5. Hannah says:

I think the cake looks yummy scrummy, what kind is it?
    I make good cakes. I should be commissioned to be the official supplier of fresh (not nearly out of date) cakes to the podcast. Except delivery may prove a bit tricky…
    Hannah xx

PS-Cake rental is one of the most silly ideas I’ve ever heard. Well maybe not quite. But still pretty silly.

6. Maisie says:

It’s a work of art! It should be hanging in a gallery,Simon you are truly skilled, I’m jealous cause I’d like a bite (no sarcastic tones whatsoever).

Maisie xx

7. Trevor Neal says:

It’s a CO-OP cake – currently 96p in my local CO-OP – I think Simon got it special offer – there’s three in the range – Chocolate, Coconut and Jam sponge as far as I know – all good. Thanks for the offer to make podcast cakes Hannah – great idea. We discussed many things in that podcast from Ghosts to Ghandi but that cake is obviously podcast gold.

8. Andrea says:

Hannah – that is a wonderful offer, and ties in beautifully with my idea that we should have a different cake each podcast.

9. amy says:

i knew it was a co-op cake. i often have them, but never cut them, just eat them as they are!! yum.

10. Trevor Neal says:

Ok Amy – nice idea – maybe next time we cast a pod we should have a cake each then – Oh-huh Andrea – we’re gonna need a bigger pod!

11. Andrea says:

PS. Surely the heading of this post should be ‘That podcast cake in pieces’ ?

12. dAVE says:

Hi trev and simon,that cake looks yummy,pass us some!

Great to hear you guys,i’ve always found you blooming fan tastic,loved those going live days.
    Bring on the podcast!