Trev and Simon Podcast No.2 is here

podcast-2-title-copy

We did our second podcast on Thursday, officially called Trev and Simon Podcast No.2. Why’s it taken so long to arrive here I hear you ask (except I don’t)? Well, I forgot what I was doing and had to have a conference call with Andrea our producer, and then we started talking about capybaru’s. You see! It’s not just Trev I can talk rubbish with. So, yes, another hour (actually just under) of two men talking nonsense… last time I compared it to a trip to the pub to listen to two old drunkards. This is more like a stop off on the way to listen to two cider swigging hobos on a park bench… friendly ones though, the type who feed the birds tuppence a bag.

You can listen to/ download it here… Trev and Simon Podcast No.2

Download notes: For PC users, right-click the link above, then select ‘Save Link As’ and download to the selected location on your computer. For Mac users, hold down Ctrl and click the link, then select ‘Save Link As’ and download to the selected location on your computer.

That was a serious bit wasn’t it? We pinched that from some people who do a proper podcast.

Here’s what some of our listeners thought of Podcast No.1:

• I am very happy that you are doing a podcast… Siobhan
  • I want cake… Elaine
  • I make good cakes… Hannah
  • Great podcast guys… Tom
  • Great podcast… Maisie
  • I loved the podcast!!!!… Zoe
  • I loved it most… Mr Kipling
  • VERY VERY funny… James
  • Enjoyed it very much… rambling… epic… nondescript… butts… shirts… much better… BingoTom
  • Better than mine… Ricky Gervais

Ok, I made that last one up and BingoTom’s I edited a bit, but you get the drift. Oh, and I made the Mr Kipling one up.

Here’s another list, lovingly prepared by producer Andrea, who, in an official capacity, has no choice but to listen to the podcast more than once. This time round we talk about…

1. Podcast number two
  2. Growing old disgracefully
  3. Andrea looking like Nana Mouskouri
  4. Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
  5. Trevor wearing tweed now, Simon wearing tweed at university
  6. Underpants
  7. Mistresses (the TV show)
  8. The Chap and Vic Reeves
  9. Simon’s leather Nazi coat and other fascist fashion trends
  10. Simon’s visit to Woodlands, incl. peak flow and a touchy-feely nurse
  11. Renaming strokes
  12. Trev brings coconut cake which looks like a polar bear, Simon refuses to eat it
  13. Pig-tailed macaques (and their role in the coconut trade)
  14. Trevor’s family bike ride
  15. The Brits
  16. Old people wearing young people’s fashion
  17. Andrea’s new band The Hummingbirds
  18. Questions and comments from our listeners
  19. Genesis, Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins
  20. Glutinous rice
  21. What are the origins of Trev and Simon’s nicknames, ‘Minty’ and ‘Sticky’?
  22. Celebrity ham
  23. Tampons
  24. An update on the Trev And Simon website, blog and Facebook page

That’s 24 things!

As usual (usual? It’s only the second one) it’s all there in its unedited glory. We don’t plan much and we don’t know what we’re going to say but we enjoy ourselves and we hope you enjoy listening to it. Oh, and as usual, this podcast is unsuitable for children… and adults.

Oh, and big apologies to that most excellent Chap, Michael “Atters” Attree for calling him Michael “Atters” Atterby! What was I thinking?

Oh, and for those of you keen to find it on iTunes, it should hopefully find its way there within a couple of days. We’ll keep you posted with a post when they post it.

Oh… that’s it.

16 Responses to Trev and Simon Podcast No.2 is here

1. Hannah says:

Hello
    Woo I got very excited that you talked about me. Also, I’m not Northern, I’m from Walsall but all my family are so I guess I get it off of them…
    Great 2nd podcast, loving it!
    Hannah xx

2. Hannah says:

Oh incidentally, I don’t like coconut/cocoanut either so the comment about Simon’s taste in cakes was pretty much bang on…

3. Siobhan says:

hello, it’s me …. the question about weetabix was one my friend Abby always gets asked even though she is allergic to them!!! ha ha, just so that no-one calls my ‘funny question’ into question that is!

by the way – Lidl sell some crisps that are called Teddy’s Hits…. nice

thanks for pondering all of my suggestions, I feel so priviledged!!!

4. Hannah says:

How about in next week’s you discuss “Hannah wants to go on holiday, does anyone want to pay?”. I am so desperate for a break I have even advertised the fact on ebay! I think it would be great. I think in fact, you could do “All our fans want to go on holiday, does anyone want to pay?” – and we could all go on a lovely holiday together and eat cake. But not with coconut.

We’ll give it a try. We should be able to fit all our fans onto a minibus to Morecambe.

As i typed that I had a terrible premonition, so I’m going to nip it in the bud. No one type “would that be wise?”

6. Hannah says:

Why? Would that not be wise?

Damn!

8. Maisie says:

Hi there, its even better than the first. I’m also a cocoanut hater but i can’t help feeling a little bit sorry for Trev. As for you’re nicknames I can’t think of anything that isn’t mildly abusive so I’m just going to ask you if you have a passion for sticky toffee pudding?

9. Maisie says:

I meant to add I hope you’re peakflow is better and you’re laying off the “proper” coffee, another thing I hate, I’m the epitome of fussy! I don’t even like any cakes that much. By the way podcast three rhymes with wee wee HaHa!

Take Care

Maisie xx

Peak flow not too bad, thanks for asking. Nothing to do with sticky toffee pudding- but two clues- Tom Cruise, and my Tuesday hobby.

11. […] Bear Cake In our second podcast, Trev and Simon Podcast No.2, found here, Trev brought along a coco(a)nut cake. Knowing full well that I do not like coconut! Ok, I’m […]

12. Nathan says:

hello
    i think you should talk about funny place names, i live in a small town called penistone. its pretty funny,i think you should put it in your next podcast. Also there is a place called cheesebottom. ive got another good idea. my mum said “Isn’t a snail a slug without a home”.

If Penistone is where I think it is, me and my dad used to drive by it going form Salford to Sheffield to watch the snooker. This was in the late 70’s so Penistone could have moved by now. Will bear funny place names in mind though, they are always good for a laugh. Cheers Nathan.

14. Siobhan says:

Hello, further to Nathan’s post and indeed Simon’s reply I think it is the same Penistone… well it has a Sheffield postcode… I was trying to get them to twin it with Pussy in Savoie in France but apparently it’s already twinned with something else… and it would be very rude and juvenile… also Nathan’s mum Trish is a legend, if you interviewed her for your podcast you would never see the world in the same way again…

15. Jason says:

Hi
    Sorry I’m a bit behind as you’ve already done podcast 4, but was Trev `minty’ because someone mispelt his name as `Trebor’ ?

Jason

That’s pretty much it Jason.