We did our second podcast on Thursday, officially called Trev and Simon Podcast No.2. Why’s it taken so long to arrive here I hear you ask (except I don’t)? Well, I forgot what I was doing and had to have a conference call with Andrea our producer, and then we started talking about capybaru’s. You see! It’s not just Trev I can talk rubbish with. So, yes, another hour (actually just under) of two men talking nonsense… last time I compared it to a trip to the pub to listen to two old drunkards. This is more like a stop off on the way to listen to two cider swigging hobos on a park bench… friendly ones though, the type who feed the birds tuppence a bag.
You can listen to/ download it here… Trev and Simon Podcast No.2
Download notes: For PC users, right-click the link above, then select ‘Save Link As’ and download to the selected location on your computer. For Mac users, hold down Ctrl and click the link, then select ‘Save Link As’ and download to the selected location on your computer.
That was a serious bit wasn’t it? We pinched that from some people who do a proper podcast.
Here’s what some of our listeners thought of Podcast No.1:
- I am very happy that you are doing a podcast… Siobhan
- I want cake… Elaine
- I make good cakes… Hannah
- Great podcast guys… Tom
- Great podcast… Maisie
- I loved the podcast!!!!… Zoe
- I loved it most… Mr Kipling
- VERY VERY funny… James
- Enjoyed it very much… rambling… epic… nondescript… butts… shirts… much better… BingoTom
- Better than mine… Ricky Gervais
Ok, I made that last one up and BingoTom’s I edited a bit, but you get the drift. Oh, and I made the Mr Kipling one up.
Here’s another list, lovingly prepared by producer Andrea, who, in an official capacity, has no choice but to listen to the podcast more than once. This time round we talk about…
- Podcast number two
- Growing old disgracefully
- Andrea looking like Nana Mouskouri
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
- Trevor wearing tweed now, Simon wearing tweed at university
- Mistresses (the TV show)
- The Chap and Vic Reeves
- Simon’s leather Nazi coat and other fascist fashion trends
- Simon’s visit to Woodlands, incl. peak flow and a touchy-feely nurse
- Renaming strokes
- Trev brings coconut cake which looks like a polar bear, Simon refuses to eat it
- Pig-tailed macaques (and their role in the coconut trade)
- Trevor’s family bike ride
- The Brits
- Old people wearing young people’s fashion
- Andrea’s new band The Hummingbirds
- Questions and comments from our listeners
- Genesis, Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins
- Glutinous rice
- What are the origins of Trev and Simon’s nicknames, ‘Minty’ and ‘Sticky’?
- Celebrity ham
- An update on the Trev And Simon website, blog and Facebook page
That’s 24 things!
As usual (usual? It’s only the second one) it’s all there in its unedited glory. We don’t plan much and we don’t know what we’re going to say but we enjoy ourselves and we hope you enjoy listening to it. Oh, and as usual, this podcast is unsuitable for children… and adults.
Oh, and big apologies to that most excellent Chap, Michael “Atters” Attree for calling him Michael “Atters” Atterby! What was I thinking?
Oh, and for those of you keen to find it on iTunes, it should hopefully find its way there within a couple of days. We’ll keep you posted with a post when they post it.
Oh… that’s it.