Trev and Simon Podcast No.6

dfhc-silhouette-podcast-6

Here’s Podcast No. 6.  Andrea, our producer, says it’s “possibly the best one yet”. Which is not necessarily as good as it sounds. Oh, and she’s made me put this warning… This Podcast contains bad language. And rude terms! Sorry. You have been warned though.

You can listen to/download the podcast here.

download notes: For PC users, right-click the link above, then select ‘Save Link As’ and download to the selected location on your computer. For Mac users, hold down Ctrl and click the link, then select ‘Save Link As’ and download to the selected location on your computer.
Here’s the stuff, listed lovingly by Andrea:

1. Simon is homeless (and irritable)
  2. The hot weather
  3. The Fog
  4. Andrea in a playsuit
  5. Trev’s casting
  6. Michael Jackson (and Paul Weller)
  7. The stunts of Bruce Springsteen and Bob Hoskins
  33. A plea to the residents of Finchley
  34. ‘My Lean Baby’
  35. The Presenter Look
  36. Celebrities named after animals
  37. Introducing Sarah Gillespie

15 Responses to Trev and Simon Podcast No.6

1. […] Trev and Simon Podcast no.6 last Friday and now it is up and running. You can find it over on our Trev and Simon page. We’ve had to put a warning on it though, because I swear. Sorry. Posted by Simon Hickson […]

2. Jack says:

Thanks for another hour and two minutes of podversation!

Here’s a clip of George Lamb being unfunny on the radio:

Oh my! To the slaughter straight away. Maybe me and Trev should try a bit of geezer stuff, mocking the oldies. Ray Davies? He’s just an old bloke with no sense of humour.

Almost, almost, makes us look professional.

4. Jack says:

Ray actually comes off as the funniest!

Anyway, sorry to fill the comments section with more YouTubery but this is another excellent example of astonishingly misjudged interviewing:

5. Rich says:

Definitely your best podcast yet, and I never thought I’d get to hear Trev and Simon (well Simon) swearing 🙂 wish you could make your podcast fortnightly, or even weekly… or daily… or five minutely….

6. […] just done show 6 now – and it’s a goodie. Unlike Trev And Simon, who aren’t goodies. Because that was […]

7. Susie says:

I absolutely love your podcasts, they are genius. I listen to them on my ipod on long train journeys and don’t care when I get strange looks for laughing out loud… more please!

Hope you are enjoying living in Finchley Simon, I live in South London now – not too far from you I think (perhaps I could be your stalker?!?) – but I lived in Finchley for a few years and it not a bad place. The Elephant in North Finchley is a pretty decent pub by the way.

Just watched some of your old stuff on youtube. Had forgotten about ‘you deserve a pat on the back’; most amusing. A couple of questions for your next podcast: How did the pat on the back sketch come about and how come you ended up on Teachers TV?

8. Hannah says:

Question for podcast number 7…

If a woman falls over in a forest and no one sees, is it your fault?

9. professoryard says:

Hello Trevor and Simon and thanks for another fantastic podcast.

I actually missed most of your Going Live/Live and Kicking stuff first time round as I had just started working so Saturday mornings were spent in other pursuits! (have been watching some clips on YouTube though) I do remember the Singing Corner fondly but I promise not to utter that magic incantation.

Have enjoyed Simon’s funnies on Twitter for a some weeks now, and looking forward to some good stuff from Trev.

Some podcast related comments – nearly wrote comets – imagine the mess that would make!

Trev, you talk a lot about the Jam and Paul Weller but you seem to omit the Style Council – do they get thumbs up or down?

Trev and Simon, your thoughts on Matt Smith’s Doctor Who outfit – especially after your discussion of tweed the other podcast.

Well must sign off now, looking forward to the next podcast, see you soon in the twitterverse!

10. Edward says:

Some blue language in this podcast.

Shocking…

I sat down at the dinner table with my wife and kids and suddenly this filth issued forth from the computer.

We thought you were family fun.

Think on, Trevor and Simon. Think on.

On chop night too.

11. Rich Tea says:

There you both are, I thought I left you behind in my childhood.
    Brilliant, keep on making podcasts, you both really cheered my day up…and indeed, my thirties.

12. Stuart says:

Tremendous podcast again, keep up the good work.

A question for the next one:

If, Heaven forfend, the pair of you ever got into a physical fight, ie fisticuffs and all that, who would win? (I’m assuming this is a ‘what if’ scenario, and one of you has never wrestled the other to the groud before being pulled off by an appalled Andi Peters)

Cheers.

13. Hannah says:

I got jolly confused today, was relistening to all the podcasts and was on podcast 3 yesterday so switched on mp3 player and out you came into my ears, except it was the end of podcast 6. I had no idea what was going on.

14. naivetysucceeds says:

Great stuff although surely Ed and Oucho are the best thing to happen to children’s TV since…well, you two. (Explains why every guest is a mate of Ed’s from the stand up circuit though.) Hope its resolved and you can get on there sometime in the future.

15. rumpio says:

Re the George Lamb youtube: You shouldn’t go kayaking in winter. These two guys went out fishing in Alaska and they got really cold so they lit a fire in the kayak. Of course it began to catch light, the thing sank and they both drowned, hence the old phrase…

You can’t have your Kayak and heat it.